Are you or someone you know searching for the opportunity to make an incredible impact on today’s youth? We are looking for the perfect House Mom to live on-site with our girls at the HALO Home in Jefferson City. This position provides the unique opportunity to protect and nurture HALO youth as they navigate their way from homelessness to independence, through setting them up with a lifetime of support and healthy relationships. This position requires kindness, patience, and most of all-love. It is a role of mentorship, encouragement, tough talks, service and leadership. If this is you, consider applying to join our HALO Family.
Specific details of the job description is below.
HALO Jefferson City Residential Supervisor
This employment opportunity is for a full-time position of dedication, service, caring and compassion, for helping At-Risk youth, and leading our HALO family of young women, living in our independent residential facility, in Jefferson City, MO. This position requires living at the HALO Home, on a rotating schedule, to provide support and guidance to both the parenting and non-parenting residents who live there.
Responsibilities of the Residential Supervisor position include:
HALO Jefferson City Housing Program
House Mom Role:
- Protecting and nurturing HALO youth and their dependants, encouraging and empowering youth as they go through the program
- Meeting youth developmental needs and addressing developmental delays
- Supporting relationships between youth and their families
- Supporting youth with lifetime relationships
- Be available to assist clients as needed, such as: drive clients to school, or Dr. appointments on an as needed basis and assist them with any issues they have with their apartment or living space
- Conduct a weekly meal and meeting for all of the housing clients and organize “Life Skill” workshops to take place once per month during the weekly meeting
Case Management Role:
- The Residential Supervisor will serve as case manager for HALO Housing Program Clients and/or assign future staff and interns to serve as case manager
- The Residential Supervisor will meet weekly with each youth to work on their progress on the programs 7 Focus Areas: Education, Employment, Financial, Parenting, Health, Spiritual, and Transportation.
- When a new client enters the program, the Residential Supervisor will set up an initial meeting where client goals are established in the 7 focus areas.
- The Supervisor and client will then meet weekly to strategize how the client can begin to accomplish those goals and document progress. The Residential Supervisor will also guide the client through completing the 3 phases of the program, thus ensuring the client is transitioning well through the program.
- The Residential Supervisor will keep reports on each client’s progress and enter those reports into youth tracking software on a monthly basis. The Residential Supervisor will meet weekly with the Program Director to provide updates on each client’s progress throughout the program.
- The Residential Supervisor will ensure that all Housing Clients and their dependents are safe and compliant to all policies outlined in the handbook.
- Be available for emergencies on an as-need basis
- Should a client break any rule(s) or an emergency situation occurs the Residential Supervisor will report that to HALO headquarters and take the proper steps outlined in the Policy Handbook
HALO Jefferson City Art and Future Focused Programs
- Assist Branch Director with creating new and relevant programs for low-income and at-risk youth.
- Intern and volunteer training and scheduling- including conducting background checks for each person working directly with youth
- Assist Branch Director in maintaining and fostering new relationships with partner agencies
- Teach programs to youth in HALO’s partner agencies
- Coordinate program volunteer’s and intern’s schedules
- Organize and purchase supplies for programs
- Youth tracking and program success measurement
Community and Event Involvement
- Opportunity to work as a member of a professional team
- Assisting with events and fundraisers
- Building relationships in the community
- Engaging in Speaking Opportunities/presentations
- Leading the monthly HALO Home Team Meetings
- Communicating the needs of the HALO Housing clients to our volunteer base
- Planning special events or opportunities for youth living in HALO Housing
- Reporting to HALO Program Director weekly- following the Strategic Plan outlined for the Jefferson City branch
- Assist with Donor Relations and implementation of fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with Future Planning and Program Development
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Strong organizational skills, relationship building, teamwork and social skills for working with residents and community members is required.
- Must be a responsible, mature individual of reputable character who exercise sound judgment, and displays the capacity to provide good care and supervision of youth
- Prior experience in counseling, or working with at-risk youth is preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.