Serving as a HALO Ambassador is an amazing international experience. HALO has Ambassadors in the field, serving as the eyes and ears of HALO to ensure its programs are running effectively.
What is the most exciting part about your life in Uganda as as HALO Ambassador?
The endless possibilities. As a HALO Ambassador, you have the potential to make changes that will affect people’s lives, and you have a great deal of flexibility to start programs that you are passionate about and believe will help the kids. Click here to read more from an interview with Mary Pryse.
As an International Ambassador for The HALO Foundation, you will live in a developing country for 2 years while making a difference in the lives of children in need. InternationalAmbassadors will:
- Communicate all pertinent information with HALO Headquarters on a timely basis
- Create detailed home updates to share with supporters and donors
- Oversee home budgets and funding distribution
- Manage mentors residing in the home(s) in addition to any HALO employees and volunteers
- Maintain positive relationships with local organizations in partnerships with The HALO Foundation
- Assess growth opportunities through new programs and projects
- Ensure that each home is in compliance with HALO standards
- Evaluate processes and procedures for resettlement of youth residing in HALO supported homes.
- Research tools and software to track and measure program success
- Research and report on poverty trends, statistics, political and social changes in the area, reporting to HALO how these factors can impact HALO in programming
- Observe and evaluate needs in the community and in HALO programs, identifying new programming possibilities
- Implement new partnerships and programming as needed
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Lacy Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.