We can help you create your legacy through planned giving. With your gift, HALO children will be given a foundation of a family for generations to come.
A simple, flexible way to help us serve children in the greatest need is through a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest. There are a few options on how you may leave a bequest to The HALO Foundation:
- Percentage Bequest - Designate the percentage of your estate you want distributed to The HALO Foundation.
- Specific Bequest - Designate the amount of money or specific asset (property, securities, etc.) you wish to donate.
- Residuary Bequest - Instruct that any remaining part of your estate be distributed to The HALO Foundation after distributions are made to family, friends, etc.
- Contingent Bequest - Instruct that The HALO Foundation receive assets in the event that a beneficiary in your will is no longer living.
Charitable Lead Trusts
Do you want to benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting The HALO Foundation, yet you don't want to give up any assets that you'd like your family to receive someday? You can do this by setting up a Charitable Lead Trust.
There are two ways charitable lead trusts make payments:
- A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to HALO and is more attractive when interest rates are low.
- A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to HALO go up as well.
At the end of the trust period, the remaining trust assets pass to your beneficiaries.
For more information about CLT’s, please contact Rebecca Welsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retirement Plans and Other Investments
An IRA, 401(K), 403(b), annuity or another qualified retirement plan has tax benefits for accumulating assets, but at death they may be subject to income and estate taxes. Without planning, over 60% of the value of your tax-deferred accounts may go to taxes. Gifting these accounts makes use of the full value of the assets. To leave your IRA or other retirement plan to The HALO Foundation (either as primary or contingent beneficiary), contact your retirement plan company to request a change in beneficiary designation form.
Gifts of Life Insurance
You may name The HALO foundation as a beneficiary of any individual or group life insurance policy. Upon your death, you will receive an estate tax deduction for insurance proceeds that go to The HALO Foundation.
- Contact HALO Gift Planning at email@example.com or 816-472-4256 to discuss supporting HALO through planned giving.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include HALO in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The HALO Foundation: Helping Art Liberate Orphans
Address: 1600 Genessee #200, Kansas City MO, 64102
Federal Tax ID Number: 20-1794209
Phone Number: 816-472-4256
Please let us know if you have included The HALO Foundation in your will, life insurance, or estate plans so that we may thank you for your generous commitment to children in need.
This information is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.