HALO is currently seeking out individuals who would like to take the opportunity of a lifetime. The International Ambassador position is an incredible experience with hands-on involvement and investment in the lives of children in the greatest need. As an International Ambassador for The HALO Foundation, you will live in a developing country for 2 years. You will develop programs, oversee operations, serve as HALO’s eyes and ears, and assure that HALO youth are given the best opportunity to become contributing members of their communities. InternationalAmbassadors build skill sets that include leadership, adaptability, resourcefulness, and an intimate knowledge of cultures outside the U.S. We are looking for people to join the HALO team in Kenya, Uganda, Mexico, Nicaragua, and India. Our programs would not exist without these amazing individuals.
Jump on board. You will never look at life the same. (in a great way).
- Communicate all pertinent information with HALO Headquarters on a timely basis
- Create detailed home updates to share with supporters and donors
- Oversee home budgets and funding distribution
- Manage mentors residing in the home(s) in addition to any HALO employees and volunteers
- Maintain positive relationships with local organizations in partnerships with The HALO Foundation
- Assess growth opportunities through new programs and projects
- Ensure that each home is in compliance with HALO standards
- Evaluate processes and procedures for resettlement of youth residing in HALO supported homes.
- Research tools and software to track and measure program success
- Research and report on poverty trends, statistics, political and social changes in the area, reporting to HALO how these factors can impact HALO in programming
- Observe and evaluate needs in the community and in HALO programs, identifying new programming possibilities
- Implement new partnerships and programming as needed
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Lacy Voight at [email protected].
Update: This position is no longer available. Thanks so much for your interest.